This plugin is opensource and is published at my github. Please check github for up-to-date versions and info
ViveTrack is a grasshopper plugin that allows you to track your HTC Vive devices 6DoF, for instance your HMD, controllers, trackers and even customized trackers. It is vastly simplified for specially architecture students and you can basiclly plug&use without complicated setup.
Currently ViveTrack is only used for tracking 6DoF positions of Vive devices, which can be used for Indoor Positioning, for instance tracking your DIY robots, drones, users hands and other stuff that you want to get position into Rhino/Grasshopper.
- High Precision: 2 lighthouses detected 1mm discrepency; 1 lighthouse detected 1.6mm discrepency (NOT PROVED)
- High Frequency: ca.250Hz
- High Range: 5m x 5m(Official), 8m x 8m(tested online)
- High Freedom of Tracking: Can be tracked in some extrem positions which normal tracking system are difficult to track
- Hardware: You need at least 1 lighthouse 150Euro and 1 tracker 120 Euro.
- Setup: You need to setup your tracking devices before using, although it’s amazingly simple.
There are a few things you need to install and setup before using ViveTrack:
- (optional).Net Framework 4.6 (This usually comes with Windows 10. You can check from Apps&Features in windows 10 if it’s installed)
- Install SteamVR and Setup Vive: Please follow the official HTC Vive Pre: Installation Guide to setup your vive(Please go through all of the steps). Please also install Steam and SteamVR at its default location. Tow lighthouses are recommended to be fixed on the wall to avoid errors due to lighthouse vibration.
- (optional) If you don’t have HMD or don’t want use HMD in your tracking system, you have to disable your “requireHmd” setting in your SteamVR. Please note, in this case your controller or tracker have to be connected to your PC with USB Cable or Steam Dongle.
update your SteamVR to Beta Version.
Open the configuration file default.vrsettings with a text editor following C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SteamVR\resources\settings\default.vrsettings
Change requireHmd key from true to false (so taht you can run without HMD)
Change neverKillProcesses key from false to true (important! otherwise your rhino will crash once SteamVR stops running)
If SteamVR is running, close and restart it.
Installation of ViveTrack is a normal process like installing other Grasshopper plugins. Simply download ViveTrack, unzip them, copy ViveTrack.gha and openvr_api.dll into your Grasshopper/Libraries Folder. Remember to unblock them. Start Rhino, before running Grasshopper, type GrasshopperDeveloperSettings in Rhino console, and uncheck Memory load *.GHA assemblies using COFF byte arrays, then start Grasshopper.
Please refer to Wiki page for user guides.